Friday, May 20, 2022

Weekly Hand Analysis - Glenna Shannahan - May 23, 2022 - Openers second bid

 For this week we tried something different.  We wanted interaction with the addressees of the Friday and Sunday emails.  We asked them for their opinion of a hand.  We then asked Glenna for her opinion.  The hand that was sent out was:


Unfortunately the hand was missing one card which one bright eyed responder noticed.  The hand should have been:

Nevertheless, the responses were as follows for South's second bid:
Glenna:

.If I were playing with a regular partner, I would bid 3 ♠️ as that shows 18+ points and wants to know more about partner’s hand. 2nd choice would be 3 ♣️ as a new suit at the 3-level show a good 15+. I would NEVER bid 3 ♦️ as that could be as few as 12 points and I have 18!!!! (stiff ♠️ is 3). If we do this, people really need to learn what bids at different levels mean! I would be happy to help with that.

Good luck,

Glenna




No comments:

Post a Comment