Tuesday, October 4, 2022

Weekly Hand Analysis - Glenna Shannahan - October 10, 2022 - Systems On?


Question:  In this hand with interference by South, should one always play “systems on” so that Stayman and transfers are always available?

Glenna:

I think everyone should play systems on after interference. If an opponent overcalls 2 ♣️ either natural or showing a particular suit(s), I like my partner to double and it’s still Stayman!!! Very useful and hope you will start using it,

  Transfers are a little more tricky: If I want to transfer to ♥️ by bidding ♦️, and my opponent overcalls 2 ♦️, I would like to double and partner knows to transfer to ♥️.  And, if they bid 2 ♥️ and I wanted to transfer to ♠️, I want to double. It’s more difficult if I wanted to Relay to ♣️ or ♦️ by bidding 2 ♠️, and they bid 2 ♠️, I can no longer show my minor by bidding ♠️!!

  People should discuss these agreements if they want to try them. Be sure to discuss it and understand and agree to it!!!! It will give you very good results.


No comments:

Post a Comment